Dear Members, Partners and Friends,
EuroCham has never been so dynamic: a flurry of breakfast talks, a full schedule of highly praised professional training courses, and numerous consultations in preparation for the next Government-Private Sector Forum chaired by the Prime Minister in April. In March, we will continue our vibrant series of events, including a special networking night in Siem Reap, to meet our members and reach out to the local business community. Most importantly, we will host our Annual General Meeting on 24 March, during which members will elect their new Board of Directors. I therefore encourage you to register for the AGM and to cast your ballot or even stand for election. This is your opportunity to shape the future of EuroCham!
In this Newsletter we will cover:
- EuroCham News
- Upcoming Events
- Members Corner
- Newest EuroCham Members
- Press Review
- Keep up with EuroCham
- Recent Regulation Changes
- Job Posting
- Annual Gold Partners
On 19 February 2020, Mr. Arnaud Darc, the Chairman of EuroCham and Ms. Touch Darith Reangsey, Chairwoman of the EuroCham Tax Committee participated in the Government-Private Sector Working Group Meeting on Tax co-chaired by His Excellency Mr. Kong Vibol, Director General for Taxation and Oknha Sok Piseth, Vice-Chairman of the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce. The meeting addressed various issues raised by private sector and His Excellency Mr. Kong Vibol outlined the activities of the Ministry of Economy and Finance and support provided to the private sector during the economic slowdown caused by the COVID-19 virus.
On 20 February 2020, EuroCham met with Mr. Chea Kok Hong, Director of Macroeconomic and Fiscal Policy at the Ministry of Economy and Finance to learn more about the Skills Development Fund program which supports employees’ skill development in the private sector through a co-financing scheme. EuroCham is keen to collaborate with the Department to promote this important project among the private sector.
On 11 February 2020, the newly established EuroCham Healthcare Representatives Committee held its first general meeting and election. We are pleased to announce that Mr. Chea Vireak (Community Pharma) was elected as the Chairman and Mr. Jean-Gaetan Guillemaud (Zuellig Pharma) was elected as the Vice-Chairman of the Healthcare Representatives Committee.
We are pleased to inform you that the EuroCham Agribusiness Committee held their Annual General meeting on 21 February 2020. Following another active year, Mr. Jef Boedt (Socfin KCD) was re-elected as Chairman, with Mr. Eugene Kraamwinkel (Grandis Timber) and Mr. Romain Grosjean (Jebsen & Jessen) being re-elected as Vice-Chairmen. In addition, Ms. Jasmine Salerno (Swisscontact) was elected as an additional Vice-Chairwoman in charge of relationships with development partners. EuroCham would like to congratulate and express our deep appreciation for their continued contribution to the committee and its advocacy agenda.
On 6 February, EuroCham hosted a World Bank expert on the topic: "Cambodia's Economic Outlook 2020" at Raffles Hotel Le Royal. The event focused on the findings of the November 2019 edition of the World Bank's Cambodia Economic Update while looking into projections for 2020 taking into consideration the latest external threats to the Kingdom's trade and investment climate. View photos!
On 13 February at Himawari Hotel Apartments, EuroCham hosted an insightful breakfast talk on Real Estate Market Trends in Phnom Penh, featuring guest speaker Mr. Sorn Seap, CEO of Key Real Estate. The primary focus of the event was to update participants with the latest trends and figures about real estate in Phnom Penh, especially land prices. Likewise, our expert speaker also provides his expert analysis on current property prices and forecasts, as well as his insights on how the capital city will grow in the future. View photos!
On 20 February 2020 at Topaz Restaurant, EuroCham hosted a breakfast talk on Sustainability Strategy & Governance: How to Make it Work in your Business. During our splendid event, the expert explained what the SDGs are and what they mean for business, as well as how to incorporate Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) considerations in view of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)s into the businesses to build the legacy, prosperity and continuity of the organisations. View photos!
On 27 February at Baitong Hotel & Resort Phnom Penh, EuroCham hosted a breakfast talk on how coaching skills can improve your leadership. In this breakfast talk, our expert speakers explained participants about the concepts and theory of coaching in leadership and provided the event attendees with concrete tips on how to develop a coaching mindset as a business leader. View photos!
EuroCham Cambodia organised two batches of the 2-Day "Effective Email and Business Correspondence", on the 20th & 21st and 26th & 27thFebruary 2020, at the Factory Phnom Penh.
Our trainer taught participants how to write concise and professional business communications, how to change subtly between tones, and gave tips to ensure that the confidence and competence of the email author shines through. This was supplemented by practical group work and role play scenarios, allowing participants to reflect on common writing mistakes, and prevent them from occurring again in the future.
Every year EuroCham publishes itsYear in Review to highlight the Chamber's activities and accomplishments. This publication is widely distributed to all EuroCham stakeholders and visitors, in all our events, and event overseas during our Outreach missions.
We invite our members to advertise in the Year in Review 2019, which will be launched during our next AGM. This is a perfect space to boost your brand’s exposure with stakeholders, potential customers and partners. Click to Advertise!
This breakfast talk is targeted at companies in Cambodia that have cross border, related party, transactions.
Besides focusing on the application of Prakas 986 to your company’s related party transactions and the associated compliance disclosure requirements, the seminar will also focus on the latest transfer pricing audit trends that we are seeing from the GDT.
This breakfast talk will focus on investment opportunities in Non-residential Real Estate Sector such as hospitality & entertainment, office space, retail, shopping malls along with industrial, logistics parks, assets and the impact that the coronavirus and EBA removal will have.
There will be a presentation delivered by real estate expert where he will discuss and outline the wide variety of real investment opportunities including in a context of external shocks.
Eurocham, The British Chamber of Commerce, CCI France Cambodge and Benelux Cambodia are hosting a joint chamber networking event in SIEM REAP. This is the perfect opportunity for you to connect with our distinguished members, partners, diplomats and other well-connected business people in SIEM REAP. Join us to enjoy an unforgettable evening with the finest food and wines while mingling with members from the 4 business communities.
EuroCham is hosting its annual general meeting on24 March at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra. This year, the AGM will start directly at 11:00am. The activity and financial reports will be followed by the ELECTION OF THE NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS for the mandate 2020-2022. If you are interested in becoming a Board Member, please fill in the CANDIDATURE FORM. If you cannot attend please send your PROXY(ordinary members only) and send both back to EuroCham.
Be seen year-round by Cambodia's business community!
Each year thousands of copies of our Membership Directory are distributed to Ministries, executives, embassies, and professionals in Cambodia and abroad.
Be sure potential customers and partners can find you—this directory is one of the most anticipated reference tools in Cambodia's business community and offers advertisers (including non-members) a unique location to promote your brand or products. Click to Advertise!
- 04 Feb - Green Business Committee Thematic Meeting on Corporate Social Responsibility
- 04 Feb - EuroCham and the Chair of the Healthcare Committee met with the Ambassador of France to Cambodia
- 04 Feb - EuroCham and its Agribusiness Committee joined the Agri-Tech workshop by the Cambodia Partnership for Sustainable Agriculture (CPSA)
- 04 Feb - EuroCham joined the French Cambodian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Annual General Meeting
- 4 Feb - EuroCham met with the National Trade Repository team at the Ministry of Economy and Finance
- 05 Feb - EuroCham joined the National Commercial Arbitration Centre (NCAC) board meeting
- 06 Feb - Breakfast Talk on Cambodia Economic Outlook with the World Bank
- 06 Feb - EuroCham met with the Regional Strategic Advisor of the Netherlands Embassy
- 07 Feb - EuroCham joined the Agribusiness Trade Mission Event by AmCham
- 07 Feb - EuroCham met with the team responsible for Component 3 of the ARISE Plus Cambodia Project
- 07 Feb - EuroCham met with the President of the Young Entrepreneurs Association of Cambodia (YEAC)
- 07 Feb - EuroCham joined the Gala Dinner of the Singapore Cambodia Club
- 08 Feb - EuroCham joined the Chinese New Year Event by the Malaysian Business Council of Cambodia (MBCC)
- 10 Feb - EuroCham met with the Private Sector Co-Chair of the Tourism Working Group of Government Private Sector Forum (GPSF)
- 11 Feb - Automotive Committee Meeting
- 11 Feb - Healthcare Representatives Committee Annual General Meeting
- 11 Feb - EuroCham joined a meeting with the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce (CCC) in preparation for the upcoming Government Private Sector Forum (GPSF)
- 11 Feb - Green Business Committee Thematic Meeting on Waste
- 12 Feb - EuroCham and its Transport and Logistics Committee met the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- 12 Feb - Human Resources Committee Executives Meeting
- 12 Feb - EuroCham and Its Human Resources Committee representative joined a workshop on Pension Scheme by the National Social Security Fund at the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training
- 13 Feb - EuroCham joined a Workshop on Enforcement of Intellectual Property relating to Food and Drugs by the Intellectual Property Association of Cambodia
- 13 Feb - Breakfast Talk on Real Estate Market Trends in Phnom Penh
- 13 Feb - EuroCham joined the Private Sector Working Group on Tax and Law Governance
- 13 Feb - EuroCham and its Transport and Logistics Committee representative joined the Stakeholder Consultation Workshop on Establishing Regulations in Logistics Sector
- 14 Feb - Human Resources Committee Meeting
- 14 Feb - Tax Committee Meeting
- 14 Feb - Real Estate and Construction Executive Committee Meeting
- 17 Feb - The Human Resources Committee Chairman joined the Working Group meeting on Industrial Relation at the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce
- 18 Feb - The Transport and Logistics Committee Chairman moderated a panel discussion at the First Customs Forum 2020
- 18 Feb - Green Business Thematic Meeting on Energy
- 18 Feb - EuroCham Webinar on Tourism Sector in Cambodia
- 19 Feb - The EuroCham Chairman and Tax Executive Committee participated in the Government Private Sector Meeting on Tax
- 19 Feb - All sector Committeee Chairpersons met with the European Union Directorate General for Trade
- 20 Feb - Breakfast Talk on Sustainability Strategy and Governance
- 20 Feb - EuroCham met with International Economic Consulting on Cambodia Trade Integration Strategy
- 20 Feb - EuroCham met with the Economic Attaché of the Embassy of Spain
- 20 Feb - EuroCham and its Green Business Committee Members met with the Chairman of the Electricity Authority of Cambodia to discuss the electricity tariffs for 2020
- 20 Feb - EuroCham met with the Skills Development Fund project team at the Ministry of Economy and Finance
- 20 Feb - EuroCham met with the National Trade Repository Focal Points of the Ministry of Commerce
- 21 Feb - EuroCham Board met with the European Union Ambassador to Cambodia
- 21 Feb - Agribusiness Committee Annual General Meeting
- 21 Feb - EuroCham met with the commercial attaché of the Austrian Embassy
- 22 Feb - EuroCham Human Resources Workshop
- 25 Feb - Green Business Committee Thematic Meeting on Finance
- 25 Feb - EuroCham and Green Business members participated in the Private Sector Working Group on Mine and Energy
- 26 Feb - EuroCham met with the German Development Agency (GIZ)
- 26 Feb - Transport and Logistics Committee Meeting
- 26 Feb - EuroCham welcomed the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) research team
- 26 Feb - Tourism Committee Meeting
- 26 Feb - EuroCham and its Human Resources Committee representative joined the Government-Private Sector Working Group meeting on Industrial Relation at the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training
- 27 Feb - EuroCham Breakfast on Leadership through Coaching
- 27 Feb - Wine and Spirit Committee Meeting
- 28 Feb - Real Estate and Construction Committee meeting at the National Fire Inspection Centre
- 28 Feb - EuroCham met with the Ministry of Industry and Handicraft on the National Trade Repository project